The Under Armour TriBase Reign 6 is the sixth iteration to be released in Under Armour’s popular TriBase Reign training shoe line. This model is designed for lifting, cross-training, and CrossFit.
Over the last six years, I’ve enjoyed watching the UA TriBase Reign shoe line evolve and the 6th iteration looks like the most innovative model to date.
I’ve had multiple community members asking about when this model will be released and comments asking when I’ll be publishing my UA TriBase Reign 6 review.
Under Armour TriBase Reign 6 Release Date
While Under Armour hasn’t formally sent me a press release discussing UA TriBase Reign 6 release dates, I’ve gathered a few data points from buying two pairs from UA and Road Runner Sports, along with keeping a beat on different sites.
The UA TriBase Reign 6 Will Be Released On…
- Under Armour’s Site: December 23rd/24th
- Road Runner Sports: Jan 6-8th (available Dec 23/24, however, this appears to be when pairs will supposedly arrive once shipped out)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Early January
The release dates may vary slightly for Road Runner Sports and Dick’s Sporting Goods as third-party retailers are often not perfectly aligned with the main businesses.
What’s New With the UA TriBase Reign 6?
I’ve personally been super excited about the UA TriBase Reign 6 because it looks like it’s received multiple updates compared to its predecessor the Reign 5 which was more similar to the 4.
- The outsole has been reworked regarding its tread design and it looks like the TriBase tech’s design and pattern have also been reshaped.
- The WARP upper has received an aesthetic and build update, it appears. This model looks like it’s a little more low-profile compared to the WARP upper in the Reign 5.
- The outsole wrap over the midsole is different. This shoe features a more aggressive rubber wrap for additional lateral support and durability.
- The internal heel counter has been changed and the new counter appears to add another layer of support around the heel.
- The Micro-G foam midsole which notoriously ran on the stiffer side has been re-worked with a dual-density midsole which is a trend a lot of companies are going with at the moment.
As I build out my full review, these details will be fleshed out in greater detail and I’ll make a note of how they compare to prior construction iterations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q:When does the UA TriBase Reign 6 come out?
Q:What is the drop of the TriBase Reign?
My UA TriBase Reign 6 Review Plan
For context, I bought my pair of UA TriBase Reign 6’s on December 24th and they’re arriving on December 29th. I went with the normal shipping and was able to find a code to bring their price down.
Once my pair arrives, I’ll be building out multiple pieces of content to help you assess if the UA TriBase Reign 6 is a good fit for you. My tests will include the following.
- Max Lift Tests: Squat, deadlift, and power clean
- Versatility Tests: HIIT sessions and WODs
- Running Tests: Sprints, 800-meters, 1.5-miles
- Walking Tests: All-day wear and long dog walks (3-5 miles)
These are my core tests for all of my cross-training shoe reviews, then I’ll add additional workouts and tests based on a shoe’s niche functionality and purpose.
If you have questions on the UA TriBase Reign 6 in the meantime, drop a comment below or reach out to me personally via Instagram (@jake_boly or @that_fit_friend).